Introducing You Bet You Can…You Tube has become an internet phenomenon: from the ridiculous to the sublime, it documents a vast array of unusual and outrageous ideas and activities. Taking inspiration from this online sensation, we have captured You Tube mania and positioned it in a flexible teambuilding context. Have you ever browsed the site with your friends or colleagues and commented that, with a little help and creativity from your team, you could recreate a certain challenge? Or have you mused that you could create something original and spectacular to broadcast your own achievements? You Bet You Can is your team's chance to take on the You Tube challenge! You Tube documents some amazing evidence of what can be achieved when individuals work together as one and we have scoured its pages for inspiring challenges that are only attainable through coordinated teamwork. Ultimately, your teams will have to gel together quickly, focus their energy effectively and manage their resources efficiently to achieve true You Tube status and acquire hits worldwide.
What will happen during You Bet You Can?
- To begin, your teams will browse through a menu of You Tube challenges that have been meticulously documented and categorised on our own unique e-platform.
- As the e-platform seamlessly guides your teams through the rules of engagement, they will view clips from which they must weigh up the likelihood of their being able to successfully recreate the challenge they see.
- Having watched the preview clips, each team must then bet on their own performance outcomes.
- If a team achieves the stated success criteria within the given time-frame, they will double or triple their original bet.
- However, should they fail they will lost their entire stake.
- Perhaps more critical though is the valuable time they will have lost and the effort they will have wasted on planning and trying to execute the exercise.
- Teams must take part in as many challenges as possible within the time available and every risk taken will have a corresponding reward.
- Points will be awarded according to each team’s performance in the challenges they undertake and, in a fitting climax, a winning team will be recognised and rewarded.
Learning and development outcomes
In You Bet You can teams have to learn to work together efficiently and effectively, identifying and capitalising on individual strengths. They must be realistic in their appraisal of their collective abilities, reassessing their game plan with each challenge they bet on and approach. Teams that accurately assess their abilities, learn to focus their energy and manage their resources effectively are the ultimate winners.
Corporate Social Responsibility ideasAdd a ‘bolt on extra to this activity’ where the points accumulated by teams are matched with cash donations from your company. Here’s how it works:
- Teams are rewarded with star icons according to their performance in each challenge.
- All teams total their stars at end of the competition; a winning team is recognised and applauded.
- A spokesperson for the company announces that all stars earned during the competition will be matched on a cash ratio e.g. 1 star = $1
- Several Perspex ‘post boxes’ are provided, representing 2 or 3 charities your company has chosen to support.
- Teams divide their stars evenly between individuals in their team.
- All participants are invited to post their stars according to the charities they personally wish to support.