Introducing Knowing Me Knowing You…Relationships matter and a highly connected workforce is a valuable asset to any organisation. Knowing Me Knowing You is a lighthearted, corporate speed-dating experience that is guaranteed to break the ice and accelerate the networking process. By challenging your delegates to earn points by finding others who have certain characteristics in common with themselves, Knowing Me Knowing You not only demonstrates the power of teamwork but also enables your delegates to meet their colleagues within a short space of time. Encouraging fast, effective communication and clearly demonstrating the benefits of a positive approach to networking, Knowing Me Knowing You helps to build common ground between individuals, smoothing the path of information sharing that will inevitably lead to improved bottom line results in any conference or corporate programme.
What will happen during Knowing Me Knowing You?
- Using an ingenious icebreaker, your delegates will first seek out their team and find their allocated area.
- After quick introductions, our facilitator will then explain the task ahead.
- Each of your delegates will be given a branded game card that asks them to disclose three personal and three professional characteristics.
- The first phase of the event will have everyone dashing around meeting as many people as possible who have one characteristic in common with their own card.
- Using a simple, fail-safe tally system, points will be awarded for each individual your delegates find with the same characteristic.
- The second phase will be approached with added gusto, as the challenge intensifies through the added difficulty of finding colleagues with two characteristics.
- As phase three is announced, the seemingly impossible task of seeking out colleagues who have three common traits will commence.
- Once back in their teams, delegates’ points will be tallied to give their own score and the team score.
- In a final bonus round, your delegates will be challenged to find others with four, five or even six similar characteristics.
- Whenever this is achieved an announcement will be made, a photograph snapped, and well-earned bonus points awarded.
- Shortly, your teams will reconvene to tally up their final scores. Awards will be given for the top three individual scores and for the top three team scores.
Learning and development outcomes
Relationships matter, and a highly connected workforce is a valuable asset to any organisation. Knowing Me Knowing You helps to build common ground between individuals, smoothing the path for information sharing and best practice that will inevitably lead to improved bottom line results.