Introducing Rock Idol…From Pop Idol to The X Factor, everyone has dreams of stardom and fame: Rock Idol is your team’s chance to shine. Bringing together the worlds of rock, pop, hip-hop and heavy metal, Rock Idol provides your teams with a truly unique opportunity. An ideal challenge for those teams who work separately and sometimes in isolation, yet still work towards a common goal, Rock Idol will give each of your individual teams responsibility for a single soundtrack that will be jointly compiled into a spectacular, limited edition CD for everyone to enjoy. From musical performance to sound engineering, from lyrics to the design of the CD cover, your teams will experience the full range of what it is really like behind the scenes of rock stardom. What are you waiting for? Unleash the rock star within each of your team today.
What will happen during Rock Idol?
- At the beginning of this event, each of your individual teams will be given responsibility for a single soundtrack.
- Your teams will then visit various ‘recording studios’ to perform a particular segment of their song.
- Throughout the event, key elements such as percussion, guitar, keyboard and vocals will be facilitated by qualified musicians.
- Each team member will be taught to play their particular instrument and once perfection is reached, this will be recorded.
- Once each team has experienced all the various workshops, they will assist the sound engineer with their recordings. At this stage, their efforts will be mixed to produce their unique song.
- During the event, the teams will also be asked to consider other important factors such as lyrics and the final design of the CD cover, including its content.
- A photo shoot with a professional photographer will complete the challenge, replete with appropriate costumes.
- The end result will be a unique, CD compilation of all your teams’ recordings: a true and lasting memento to teamwork.
Learning and development outcomes
Rock Idol is a collaborative challenge where teams work separately, drawing on individual team resources and skills and yet working toward a common goal. Innovation and creativity come into play as teams develop their music track. Participants stretch their belief in themselves as they learn the seemingly impossible: to play instruments and sing in a limited amount of time.